We’re asking you to recall your last encounter with the awe-inspiring power of thunder; how its enormous natural presence is able to translate the experience of low frequency sound into a shock wave. The PLW215 II will help you to re-live the air-bending effect of Mother Nature’s own subwoofer within your listening room.
Twin 15” C-CAM drivers, triple-suspended for a full 4cm of excursion and individually powered by DSP-controlled amplifiers, will deliver clean frequencies down to 16Hz. At this level, bass arrives with a percussive impact that you feel from head to toe, seamlessly extending even the PL500 II to deliver breath-taking audio resolution beyond the limits of your audible range, but with a physical dimension that absorbs the senses. Put simply, it’s the sound of nature, vividly re-created.
Even so, all this explosive audio potency would be wasted without control. Adjust the in-room response of the PLW215 II on the top panel or via laptop using our proprietary ‘SubConnect’ software. Within this global setting, the 24bit DSP offers four fully configurable user presets per input, including pre-set modes for Flat/Music/Movie/Impact EQ settings. If you wish to fine-tune, you can adjust frequency, slope, trim and EQ filters for each preset. There’s also a Night Mode, which actively reduces the dynamic range of louder sections according to the level you desire. The PLW215 II is the most powerful, sophisticated and natural sounding bass engine we have ever built, and so complements the flagship Platinum II range with impeccable precision.
- Twin 15” C-CAM drivers, triple-suspended for a full 4cm of excursion
- A dedicated DSP-controlled amplifier powers each driver
- SubConnect software: adjust in-room response using top panel dial or laptop
- 4 user presets per input, including preset Flat/Music/Movie/Impact modes
- Night Mode: actively reduces dynamic range of louder sections to desired level
- High current Switch mode power supply (SMPSU)
- 12v trigger in (3.5mm mono mini-jack, 6v threshold)
- IR remote included, IR receiver on front panel
- 3.5mm microphone input jack, microphone included